Jack Plues | Getting More Traffic To Your Blog

Knowing how to get more traffic to your blog will increase your authority as well as your income. Like everything else, it’s a part of a bigger puzzle and when you get it right then you’ll be a lot more successful, and you’ll be helping others as well. And the more people you do help then they will tell others about your help and that increases your traffic even more.

Keyword research

If you want to get more traffic from the search engines then you have to base your posts on keywords that people are searching for. But don’t just choose the popular keywords as they will already have too much competition for you to compete with. You should look for keywords that have a significant amount of traffic but also very low competition. Then you’ll have a higher chance of appearing on the first page of results at search engines.

The Google Adwords tool is a good free tool that will help you get started Click here. When you’re there put your keyword in the box at the top and then check the box underneath that is for only showing ideas closely related to your search term. The “Broad” box is checked on the left hand side and you may want to experiment with those to see what gives you the best results. Broad is a good one to leave it on at first because it gives you other ideas that you may have never thought of, and they could bring you in more traffic or better traffic.

Don’t over-optimize your posts

Once you have your main keyword and a few related keywords you need to put them in your posts. But be careful not to over do it. Your main keyword only needs to be in the post a few times. Once in the title and a couple of times in the text is more than enough. That will let Google know what your post is about and prevent you from getting penalized. A lot of people like to put the main keyword in every paragraph and that is just too often now. Years ago that would have worked, but it doesn’t any more.

Getting backlinks to your posts

Backlinks are the top of the list when it comes to Google deciding if your site is popular. The more backlinks it has then the more it will rise in the search results. You have to be careful though as getting too many, too quickly will get you penalized. And getting too many with your keywords in the anchor text will as well. You want the keywords in them about 30% of the time and the other 70% of them need terms such as click here, more info here, great blog posts here, visit this blog, etc.

Use Twitter

Using Twitter is a great way to get more traffic to your blog because you can send out tweets when you have added new content and hopefully you’ll get people retweeting your tweets to their followers as well. And if they like your content they will retweet it to their followers too.

Each of these points could have many blog posts of their own explaining everything in finer detail. But you can easily do a Google search to find out tones of information about them all in detail. That will also lead to you to other sites that will help you get to where you want to be.

Tagged with:  
Share →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


My Kindles

Veritas - Free Kindle
Gissente's Admonitio <- Complete mini-series
King Of The Maniacs
Gissente's Child
The Kingdom Of Lucifer
The Living Reliquary

Jack Plues

Create Your Badge
Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.