Jack Plues | Pros And Cons Of Search Engine Optimization

Making your site or blog into good food for search engines that they can come and feed on has some advantages that you can benefit from, and disadvantages that can get your hard work penalized. ANd that means you could end up with no visitors who have the potential to find your site in the search results. You must be thinking of these all the time now because of the importance of traffic from people searching for you content. The last thing you need is to create quality content that gets no visitors at all.

Tricking the search engines

Far too many web site owners go out of their way in an attempt trick search engines and completely forget about creating content that people will read and enjoy doing so. You could have the perfect page to keep Google happy in the terms of the number of keywords you have used etc. but if the page is unreadable to a human then they will just keep on clicking the back button. When that happens, Google will soon put your site where it belongs and someone else will get your traffic and your income.

Search engines will know what your page is about

Search engines will have a good idea what your page is about if you have the main keyword in the URL and the title. There’s no need to keep on putting it in every paragraph to keep them happy. The most important thing is to keep the reader on your page happy. And that comes from making sure you give them what they have searched for.

Getting backlinks

Backlinks are another important part of getting traffic to your site. And again, this can be done in a way that will get your site penalized instead of improving the ranking of it. Using the keyword in the anchor text of your backlinks is another piece of the puzzle when it comes to getting your page at the top of the results for that term. But if you use it in every backlink then you’ll soon get your site removed from the search results.

You need to use it at about 30% of the time at the most and that includes variations of it as well. For the other 70% of the time you need to use natural anchor text such as “click here” and “visit this site.” And the more variations you use of these will benefit your site.

Always keep up with updates

If you need to get more traffic to your site and nothing is working then make sure you’re up to date with Google’s algorithm changes. The big ones at the time of this post are the Panda and Penguin updates and you’ll find a ton of information about them if you do a Google search for them. Knowing about these will keep you one step ahead of your competition and then you’ll be taking their traffic and increasing your income.

Good luck. :)

Tagged with:  
Share →

2 Responses to Pros And Cons Of Search Engine Optimization

  1. Kelvin says:

    With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or
    copyright infringement? My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off? I’d definitely appreciate it.
    Many thanks, to you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


My Kindles

Veritas - Free Kindle
Gissente's Admonitio <- Complete mini-series
King Of The Maniacs
Gissente's Child
The Kingdom Of Lucifer
The Living Reliquary

Jack Plues

Create Your Badge
Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.